Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> Not true. People were mostly twiddling their thumbs. Only a small
>>> subset of people can actually help in fixing RC bugs.
>
>> Are you talking about skills?
>
>       Yes.  Recently, I tried fixing a selinux issue with
>       Now, I have time to maintain my own packages (barely), but not
>  enough to spend a few days on an one-off effort to fix a bug.  So I
>  _can_ help improve Debian -- but only in small areas where I have
>  already gained some expertise.

I agree that I would be able to fix glibc or gcc. But don't you think
this is marginal considering the number of packages in Debian?

>>> We have tried the whole freezing route. But feel free to try it out
>>> (like aj did Testing), and tell us how it would have worked.
>
>> The difference is that I don't want to throw Testing out.
>
>       Quite. But you have not mentioned how you are going to
>  ameliorate the effect of closing down all development for a few
>  months by shutting down unstable.

I've neither promised the Voodoo magic which would fix everything.
It wouldn't be necessary if everyone was properly taking care of
one's packages.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org