On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:52:10PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 04:04:09PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > The ratio of Debian developers to upstream developers is *much* closer to
> > 1:1 than the ratio of Ubuntu developers to Debian developers,
>
> Obviously; but still, I'd appreciate it if people responsible downstream
> for my packages would have a name, rather than being 'some random Ubuntu
> person'.
>
> It'd probably be great if Ubuntu would set up (or, if it already exists,
> advertise) some way to have a canonical way (no pun intended) to contact
> the Ubuntu maintainer (or, if no such person exists, the responsible
> Ubuntu team) for a given package. Something like the
> @packages.debian.org alias would be wonderful, but something else would
> work, too.

Unfortunately, something like @packages.debian.org doesn't map very well to
how our development team is organized.  Of course,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] will reach the right people, but it also has
too much traffic to be very reliable for this sort of thing.

As I've said before, I'm happy to act as a point of contact personally, and
pass on any communications from Debian developers to the appropriate team or
individual within Ubuntu, wherever there is a doubt about who to contact.

--
 - mdz