Hi,
Adam Cécile reported #400719[0] to the fetchmail package.

The question is wheter a system wide daemon should care
about the system wide locale configurations or not.

Fetchmail currently does, we are not calling it with
LC_MESSAGES=C or something similar.
I can't find anything about this in the policy but to me it
doesnt make sense to use a locale if you dont want it for
some programs.

Since it would be also possible to adjust the settings with
LC_ALL=C in /etc/default/fetchmail I just closed the bug but
reopened it now cause I want to hear some other opinions.
What do you think what is the best way here?
Kind regards
Nico

Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de
JAB: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - GPG: 0x73647CFF
Forget about that mouse with 3/4/5 buttons,
gimme a keyboard with 103/104/105 keys!