On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, William Pitcock wrote:
> I don't think debian has PR, however I think debian can choose how
> to handle a migration in a way where it's not harmful to audacious
> as upstream from debian.

We can certainly attempt to do so; I don't think anyone in this thread
is contemplanting knowingly causing audacious's upstream harm.

> So then you are saying we should reject all bugs against audacious
> as provided by debian which do not refer to a debian bugtracker URL
> anyway? I'll certainly be happy to implement that.

It's entirely your decision as to what you do with your bug reports,
but reporting bugs against the bts is what Debian users are encouraged
to do, especially when they aren't certain whether the bug is an
upstream problem or not.

> I do indeed trust his judgement, but if he decides to orphan the
> package, then we have a problem. If he is put in a position where
> there are 11000 xmms users left without a package taking their angst
> out on him, he may not feel like maintaining the package anymore.

Considering the fact that he would be involved in any transition, he's
perfectly capable of deciding and/or recommending veribiage with which
he is satisfied.

Don Armstrong

--
Debian's not really about the users or the software at all. It's a
large flame-generating engine that the cabal uses to heat their coffee