"Tim Hull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I knew about that, though it's not actually an official Debian
> repository (to my knowledge).It is missing a few things I need, though.
> I may look in to contributing over there, and it would be nice to see it
> as an official part of the Debian project, as well as possibly some
> "point releases" including backports.

I agree on wanting to see it as an official part of the project, just for
branding purposes if nothing else.  I think a lot of Debian users miss it
or don't think they can trust it just because it's not .debian.org and
therefore they can't make the same assumptions about how it's run
(although in practice if they knew how it's set up, they probably could).

I'm not at all sure on making it a point release; I think it works fairly
well as is, and I'd rather put the scarce release resources into
increasing at least the predictability and possibly the speed of
full-blown stable releases from testing.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>