#include <hallo.h>
* Martín Ferrari [Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:51:45AM]:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Ralf Treinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > It would be good if this process could be automated, however I suspect
> >  > this header is not the solution.
> >
> >  Granted, but then you are speaking about giving better tool support for
> >  manually forwarding bugs, which is not the same thing as automatically
> >  forwarding bugs.
> >
> >  Better tool support would of course be welcome.
>
> As I said in a previous email, I chose the wrong word, when I said
> automatically forwarding bugs, I meant being able to instruct the bts
> command to forward a bug already in the BTS to upstream, probably
> preparing a boilerplate text and firing $EDITOR, etc. What I want to
> achieve is having metadata that then can be used by new tools or
> augment existing ones.

Do that please but keep your fingers off the Packages files. The value
of your meta information is not worth the costs of its distribution to
every user's local system.

Just keep such data available on an visible location like it's done with
DEHS, for example.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<weasel> Smur: du brauchst nen Level 9 Analyzer
<Smur> weasel: fällt dir da konkret n name ein?