Neil Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 19:57 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Why not detect if the system is really Debian and if not output
> > "system type unsupported"?
>
> I tried that - it generates a bug report within Ubuntu that I can't
> close from within Debian but which shows up on the PTS page.
> :-(

Yes, this is a good argument against the change to the PTS introduced
by bug#483179.

The Debian BTS should *only* report problems that can be solved from
within Debian, otherwise it's useless noise that leads to that section
being ignored even when it might have something important to say.

However, the above bug in the Debian BTS has been archived. Must we
open another bug to ask for the change to be reverted?

--
 \         “Two paradoxes are better than one; they may even suggest a |
  `\                                         solution.” —Edward Teller |