Brian May wrote:

> Packages should not fill [the default webroot] directory with any
> files. Period. No exceptions. Not even .htaccess files (which normally
> shouldn't be used anyway because enabling these slows down web
>this accesses - at least according to official Apache documentation).

Not all webservers are apache. Not all webservers support .haccess.

> I suspect if you enforced this rule, some of the objections raised here
> to various proposals would go go away.

As the distribution cannot dictate nor know the contents of /srv, using
this as a default is a poor choice if the desire is to ensure that there
are no files being served by default.

/var/lib/www anyone?

--
John H. Robinson, IV          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                 http  ((((