On 22/07/08 at 17:58 +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Yeah, great idea! Let's start Debian subdistros for every specific use
> > one can think of. This whole "universal operating system" idea is so
> > old. What about gebian, kebian, xebian?
>
>  Would it be wrong to ship different flavors of the Debian CDs based on
>  various upstream software?  Debian has tons of text editors, window
>  managers, web browsers, desktop environments; the Debian archive is
>  universally useful, but I'm sure there's interest in tailored Debian
>  CDs/DVDs for various use cases.

Sure, that's would be fine (even if I'm not sure if that's really useful
-- it might be better to provide simple tools enabling people to build
their own CDs with the software they care about, like what openSUSE is
doing).

What I'm saying is that we really don't need to name each of those CDs
differently, leading people to believe that Gebian, Kebian and Xebian
are different distributions, when only the set of packages installed by
default is changing.
--
| Lucas Nussbaum
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |