Hi,

the abiword package, maintained by mhatta and joshk, could definitely
use some more care. The version that is in Debian was released back in
Nov 2006 [1], and it currently includes a grave bug that makes the
package nearly unusable on amd64 [2].

[1] http://www.abisource.com/downloads/abiword/
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/514525

Abiword is a word processor for GNOME, with a simpler interface and less
functionality than e.g. OpenOffice.org Writer.

According to db.debian.org, both maintainers seem to be on vacation.  I
have been trying to contact them more than a month ago, without reply.
Could a DD check whether they are planning to return sometime soon?

As already mentioned, the package is not very up-to-date, which is why
I'd offer to take it over. As maintainer of the eboard package, I
already have some experience in packaging and with the BTS.

Please CC me in replies, as I'm not subscribed to the list (though
reading it on-line).

Kind regards,
Patrik Fimml