Le Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 08:32:28PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> > If you ask me things are quite clear:  From a Debian point of view the
> > source includes *.orig.tar.gz, *.dsc and *.diff.  The files are connected
> > via md5sum in *.dsc.  So shipping the source of a PDF in the diff should
> > be acceptable from a Debian point of view (even if it would be nice to
> > have it i nthe upstream source).  It makes sense to document this in
> > README.Source (as you did) AND debian/copyright (I don't know whether you
> > did).
>
> It is ok, its just 3 million times easier for the ftpmaster at work to
> miss this in the .diff. Which is what happened.

Hi Joerg,

In my profession we often say “The person who does not make mistakes usually
does not do any work at all.”, so it is fine with me. Can I re-upload a version
for main that you would fast-track to resolve the issue?

Also, can you tell us where to write comments related to NEW uploads in plain
English, so that it can be documented in the Developers Reference? I think that
debian/copyright it not the best place for this, and apparently README.source
is not. How about README.NEW? Or can we just drop an email to ftpmas...@d.o at
the time of the upload?

Have a nice day,

--