On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Ben Finney wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hert...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Instead what I want is to remove the default altogether so that 1.0 is
> > no longer implicitly blessed/recommended.
>
> As far as I can understand, this is entirely compatible with “absence of
> ‘debian/source/format’ always means the package is in “1.0” source
> format” since that has no implication that “1.0” is blessed or
> recommended in any way. To that extent, I welcome this policy.

Please stop misinterpreting what I say. There's a default value currently
and it's "1.0", and I want to remove the existence of a default value in
the long term because it does not make sense to have a default value
corresponding to a source format that is no longer recommended.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/