On 19 May 2010 14:10, Salvo Tomaselli <tipos...@tiscali.it> wrote:

> It is, i just turned off my laptop (installed in march) for mistake, and i
> dindn't install manually acpid.

It's not acpid that shuts down the computer on power button, it's
acpi-support-base (installed by default)
If you pressed the power button of you laptop, and the laptop shut
down (cleanly!), I don't think you can call this an unreasonable
behaviour.
On the contrary, changing the default could lead to thermal damage
(people press the power button and put the computer in the backpack
expecting it to be off in a few seconds).

There has been already quite a discussion in Debian about this matter
(see e.g  #444676); I don't think starting it all over again is a
sensible thing to do.

Cheers,

Luca