On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:55:22AM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2010-06-28, Marco d'Itri <m...@linux.it> wrote:
> > If there is no manpower to do better than this then I feel that it would
> > be more honest to just use volatile.
>
> The catch-all for "I can't maintain this stuff properly"[1] is not volatile,
> but backports.  Thanks.

Speaking of backports, a way to streamline packages from testing to
backports would be very much helpful for packages like iceweasel, where
basically the package from testing can be installed on a lenny system
provided you already use backports for some other libraries. If that's
not the case anymore, some of its dependencies should be switched to
using symbols files.

Mike