On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <p...@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Thomas Goirand]
>> If possible, I'd like to make a survey of what kind of interpreter
>> packages are using for /etc/init.d scripts. How can I do that? Note
>> that this would make OpenRC maintainer's life more easy, and avoid
>> ugly hacks.
>
> You can find all init.d scripts unpacked on lintian.debian.org under
> /srv/lintian.debian.org/laboratory/pool/*/*/*/init.d/.  I used it a few
> years ago while we were migrating all packages with init.d scripts to
> provide boot dependencies to detect loops in the boot system.
For some of us that we have not access to lintian.debian.org would be
useful to implement
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=408379,

So apt-file download package/path/to/file would download that file.

Meanwhile I suggest use apt-file + aptfs + head:

$ apt-file update; time apt-file search init.d | tee files-init.d.txt
$ mkdir aptfs; mount.aptfs aptfs/
$ for p in $(awk -F: '{print $1}' files-init.d.txt) ; do head -v -n 1
aptfs/$p/debian/*init*

At least it worked to a ramdon number of package in my tests.

Regards,