previously on this list Kevin Chadwick contributed:

> all sorts of stuff that would make any chroot
> in this way pointless. "more powerful" I expect means less secure in
> this usage.

p.p.s. why implement yet more code and complexity into systemd for
preventing device files when you can just use the nodev filesystem flag.

Yet another classic example of pointless arguably, more likely
detrimental feature creep/steal and even worse when duplicating existing
functions that can be applied more universally.

Perhaps because of this quote taken from the opening page of a book
about Ada and high integrity software.

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One is to make
it so simple that there are OBVIOUSLY no deficiencies. And the other is
to make it so complicated that there are no OBVIOUS deficiencies"

                Professor C. A. R. Hoare
                The 1980 Turing award lecture

I think the one thing all should be able to agree on about systemd is
that systemd falls into the latter.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)

because whilst 'apropos' is traditionally the most powerful command on
Unix-like systems it's 'modern' replacement 'apropos' on Linux is a tool
to help psychopaths learn to control their anger.

(Kevin Chadwick)