On May 11, Manoj Srivastava <sriva...@ieee.org> wrote:

>         Building two binary packages from a single source seems hackish,
>  since make and make-guile would require  ./configure to be run again,
>  and each target of the ./debin/rules might need cleanup/restart. Not
>  unsolvable, but messy, and I do not have the motivation to do
>  that. Patches welcome, of course.
I do this for the inn2 package and it has worked well for years.
Another (much simpler) example is kmod, which build a deb and a udeb.
If ./configure is not buggy and works when called from a build directory
then building two binary packages from the same source is trivial.

Since it is installed on so many systems, I believe that a lean make
package is still worthwhile.

--
ciao,
Marco