On Tue, 13 May 2014, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> My opinion is that many users are migrating away from Debian because we
> are unable to make decisions on important technical topics and leave
> them with 3 different setups, none of which actually work, instead of
> providing one that is correctly polished.

That’s precisely the GNOME 3 attitude (“no themes allowed in GTK+3”,
“our way or the highway”). I’m not surprised it’s also systemd’s, and
yours.

And I say you’re wrong. This does not belong into Debian itself. This
is a perfectly fine job for a derivate or Pure Blend: to provide a
polished system that serves one use case well.

Debian is the Universal OS, which means it provides high customisability
for people who want to choose their use cases themselves, and for those
whose use cases may differ from these of GNOME 3 developers.

bye,
//mirabilos, wearing DD hat in this eMail
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends