On Fri, 15 Aug 2014, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 15, Steve Langasek <vor...@debian.org> wrote:
> > The alternative is handwaving and ignoring the fact that your package
> > repository is not a complete representation of your package as it exists in
> > the archive.
>
> It is not obvious why this would be a problem.

Because you're a Debian Developer and might want to upload a package to
the archive without downloading the uploaded tarball which substantially
duplicates what you have in your source tree? Or you're collaborating
with someone and need to use a repacked tarball?

I'm wrong to criticize the valor of your brave men. It's important to
die for one's country when it means being the subject of a king who
wears a ruffled collar or a pleated one.
 -- Cyrano de Bergerac