Hi,

Scott Kitterman:
> Whatever is "standardized" it really, really ought to produce a useful source
> package as that's the preferred form of modification in the project.

I do wonder, though, how many DDs would rather switch to a preferred form
of "the debian branch of a git repo, based on the upstream VCS, with all
changes as git commits". No debian/patches. Source format: a tarball with
the FOO.git directory (not compressed, as "git repack" already does that).

Of course, we'd have to deal with non-free or otherwise unwanted files in
upstream archives. Presumably, "git clone --shallow" could be extended to
constrain itself to the dfsg and debian branches.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs