On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hert...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Tobias Frost wrote:
>> One point came to my mind: NMUs
>> Can we maybe add some words what would be best practice to handle NMUs?
>
> I think the current best practices are fine: the NMUer should send a
> debdiff to the BTS.

Can you at least suggest, not require, that the NMUer should also send
a link to a publicly available branch with the patch(es) which are
based on the packaging branch's correct tag? That makes pulling in
changes from in-repo simpler and does not force you to download
patches, etc.
Also, it shows that a consistent pathway from a specific point exists.

If the NMU'ed maintainer force-pushes over stuff, or if third parties
don't have immediate access to the original branch, this would save a
lot of potential work & trouble.

Richard