On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Noel Torres wrote:

> Who our users are?

Debian's users are the set of people and organisations who use Debian.
That is changing every day as people discover Debian, discover other
systems they like better, discover something about Debian they don't
like, try a system that is new etc. Since there are no monetary or
other restrictions on downloading and installing Debian, we can't know
the exact set of people and organisations who use Debian but there are
some indicators of who they are (see below).

I expect you don't actually want to know who uses Debian but who the
people involved in Debian want or don't want to be using Debian.
Debian's motto has been "The Universal Operating System" for a long
time and Debian folks often talk of world-domination; I think it is
safe to say that Debian folks want Debian to be used by everyone,
including those who have a particular preference of init systems.

Here are the set of Debian contributors, presumably most of them use
Debian in some capacity:

https://contributors.debian.org/

Here are some examples of organisations using Debian:

https://www.debian.org/users/

Here are some indicators of how many systems run Debian:

http://popcon.debian.org/
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-debian/all/all
http://linuxcounter.net/distributions/stats.html
http://linuxcounter.net/distribution/Debian+GNU_S_Linux.html