Quoting Paul Wise (2015-05-06 08:17:58)
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Josh Triplett wrote:
> > Why, when it's just an "apt install at" away?  It's one more running
> > daemon.  Realistically, what fraction of Debian users actually invoke
> > at, ever, and of those, what fraction will be deeply disturbed by having
> > to install it first?
>
> The wording of the priorities in policy leads me to believe it should
> be priority important rather than standard actually.

because at is expected to be present on a Unix system?

If Ansgar's idea was to take into consideration the changed requirements and
expectations nowadays when deciding about package priorities, then policy ยง2.5
should probably be changed to reflect these new requirements and expectations
as well.

> > Or reading/previewing HTML on text-only systems, sure.
>
> As we recommend HTML as the default documentation format for Debian,
> it would be strange to not have a viewer for that documentation on
> every system.
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s12.4

Maybe *-doc packages shipping HTML documentation should also
Recommends/Suggests www-browser? That would solve this, no?

cheers, josch