[2016-10-24 12:18] "W. Martin Borgert" <deba...@debian.org>

> part       text/plain                 354
> Quoting Tollef Fog Heen <tfh...@err.no>:
> > I'd prefer if user creation was just done declaratively and then we
> > could scan the archive.  If we have a manually-maintained list, it will
> > get out of sync with reality pretty quickly.
>
> +1 and +1
> It would be nice to have some progress on this:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/Spec/DeclarativePackaging

It may be worth to mention my dh-sysuser debhelper here:

        dh-sysuser provides a debhelper sequence addon named 'sysuser'
        and command 'dh_sysuser', which add into maintainer scripts
        code, that ensures, that
        .
         * required system users are present after package installation
         * unless another package requires same users, they are
           removed on package purge
         * if possible, ensures, that install-purge-install cycle saves
           numeric identifier of users

--
Accept-Languages: eo,ru,en             | at most once every 24 hours. If matter
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff        | is urgent, you have my phone number.