On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 05:13:50AM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I don't know a suitable forum for this type of question. And please don't
> > refer
> > me to the high-traffic ML debian-user, I won't use that one.
>
> You don't need to subscribe to be able to post. Using one of the
> support channels before sending to d-devel or filing bugs is always
> helpful, because it saves maintainers from having to do the triaging
> in case this is a local user problem.

But almost everybody sends their replies only to the list. Just like you
did. In fact, our mailing list code of conduct[1] explicitly requests
that one not CC the original poster unless explicitly requested. I could
be wrong, and I don't have any data to back up this claim, but I doubt
most people seeking help from the community know about that requirement.
Even if they do, I suspect that most of us will, out of habit, ignore
their request and send replies only to the mailing list.

FWIW, -devel and -user are at about the same volume these days. [2][3]

noah