On 2017-02-26 at 09:01, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> * John Cuffs tells Lee to "shut the fuck up", and quotes a spam that
>   isn't visible (anymore?) in the bug log.

Just to note: this almost certainly wasn't actually addressing any of
the thread participants, and also probably wasn't posted by John Cuffs.

This is a standard form of spam that I've been seeing on mailing lists;
my assessment of the form indicates that the "original" spam message was
never actually sent, the spammer is instead sending a fake "reply" which
quotes the spam message and has headers (etc.) as if it were a response
by J. Random Netizen to a message already posted in some random thread.

--
   The Wanderer