On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:52 PM Vincent Bernat wrote:

> People using tools like fpm will never get familiar with our tools and
> will never be contributors.

I enjoyed your blog post about pragmatic packaging using Debian's
tools instead of fpm, it seems like a good approach if one is
committed to using Debian, especially since it allows for incremental
improvement towards a package that could even enter Debian.

https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2019-pragmatic-debian-packaging

OTOH I get the feeling that most FLOSS upstreams are interested in
cross-OS and cross-distro packaging rather than Debian-specific
packaging. I don't have a good feeling for how "sticky" OS/distro
choices are for folks who are building non-FLOSS services on top of
FLOSS distros.

--
bye,
pabs