On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 03:17:50PM +0100, Ansgar wrote:
At least for i386, I expect it to be used mostly for legacy
applications (and legacy installations).  So breaking ABI by switching
to a "new" architecture or by just changing major libraries like libc6
probably diminishes its value so much that there would no longer be any
use for it: one could just switch to amd64 instead of i386t.

Yes, for x86 in particular I don't see any reason to try to rebuild x86-2038 vs x32 for whatever niche might be filled by a 32 bit ILP.