On Wed, 2022-04-20 at 15:32 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> what other support Debian could give to libre/open firmware projects.

Some ideas for this:

We could package the libre/open firmware projects that are missing.

We could lobby hardware vendors to release their existing proprietary
firmware and hardware management software under libre licenses.

We could lobby hardware vendors to stop requiring signatures for the
existing libre/open firmware projects.

We could lobby hardware vendors to allow users to enrol their own keys
for verifying firmware.

We could use some of our money to fund new work on the existing
libre/open firmware projects.

We could initiate the creation of a new non-profit dedicated to the
reverse engineering and reimplementation of proprietary firmware.

Anything else?

--
bye,
pabs