Quoting Andrej Shadura (2024-10-03 21:41:49)
> Hi Jonas,
>
> Thanks for helping with maintaining Synapse.
>
> I appreciate that you did some valuable work, but it would be great if you
> gave me a heads-up before uploading. While we’re both members of the team,
> and it’s true I haven’t had time to dedicate to Debian recently, there was a
> workflow for this package which you didn’t respect by uploading directly
> without any discussion and without proposing your changes as a merge request.
> Moreover, there was an existing merge request which you disregarded.
>
> Please don’t do this in future.
>
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2024, at 20:05, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> >    * simplify rules;
> >      build-depend on dh-rust (not dh-cargo);
> >      add X-Cargo-Crates hint;
> >      drop patch debian-rust
>
> I disagree with you using dh-rust. Please revert this change.
> If dh-cargo doesn’t work well enough, it needs to be improved, not replaced.

I am awfully sorry that I took for granted that I could contribute
without close coordination with you.

I cannot revert the use of dh-rust and still have a package that builds.
What I can do, and will do if you want me to, is to a) remove myself
again as uploader, and b) request that ftpmasters remove the package
from unstable.

Do you want me to make sure that my contribution here is nullified?

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones