Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2024-10-03 23:08:38)
> Quoting Andrej Shadura (2024-10-03 21:41:49)
> > Hi Jonas,
> >
> > Thanks for helping with maintaining Synapse.
> >
> > I appreciate that you did some valuable work, but it would be great if you
> > gave me a heads-up before uploading. While we’re both members of the team,
> > and it’s true I haven’t had time to dedicate to Debian recently, there was
> > a workflow for this package which you didn’t respect by uploading directly
> > without any discussion and without proposing your changes as a merge
> > request. Moreover, there was an existing merge request which you
> > disregarded.
> >
> > Please don’t do this in future.
> >
> > On Thu, 3 Oct 2024, at 20:05, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> > >    * simplify rules;
> > >      build-depend on dh-rust (not dh-cargo);
> > >      add X-Cargo-Crates hint;
> > >      drop patch debian-rust
> >
> > I disagree with you using dh-rust. Please revert this change.
> > If dh-cargo doesn’t work well enough, it needs to be improved, not replaced.
>
> I am awfully sorry that I took for granted that I could contribute
> without close coordination with you.
>
> I cannot revert the use of dh-rust and still have a package that builds.
> What I can do, and will do if you want me to, is to a) remove myself
> again as uploader, and b) request that ftpmasters remove the package
> from unstable.
>
> Do you want me to make sure that my contribution here is nullified?

Please disregard, as I did manage to push a package release with my
change of debhelper tool reverted, by pushing a source-only build.

Again, I am terribly sorry for my stupidity, and I wish you the best
with the future maintenance of the package

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones