Dirk Eddelbuettel writes:

 >   Yann> Now another idea would be jed.  It's quite small (but maybe bigger
 >   Yann> than joe, don't know, don't have joe installed any more), uses
 >   Yann> S-lang, is emacs-likee, has vi emulation AFAIK.
 >
 > jed is currently without a maintainer, and the hamm version has too many
 > bugs. The previous maintainer didn't make a release in years, despite all
 > those bugs. The newest jed sources don't even compile under hamm as they need
 > slang-1.2.

...that reminds me... does anybody knows what has happened to the
periodic WNPP listing ?  This kind of package really needs a new
maintainer !  Well, IMHO, at least...  Maybe I'll volunteer, but not
right now... anyway it's too late for hamm :(

--
Yann Dirson    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: