Raul Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> James Troup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Eh?  Almost any version-number problem can be solved by a version
> > suffix[1].
>
> Not where 1.0 follows 3.14, for example.

You clearly can, as I demonstrated in my footnote.

Anyway, this is obviously somewhat of a religious issue, and having
said that I whole heartedly agree with Manoj (that there are *zero*
technical arguments against epochs), I will now shut up and ignore
this thread.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/