On Feb 19, 2008 3:57 PM, Aurelien Jarno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have made a few search on .cr sites using google, and they seems to
> confirm the 12-hour format is widely used. However, it seems "a.m." and
> "p.m." is used instead of "am" and "pm" as you suggested. Could you
> confirm that?

Well never actually looked at it in detail, you seem to be correct.
Printed paper "La NaciĆ³n" and two university websites (1)(2) tend to
confirm the "a.m." "p.m." format. But on line version of the same
paper (3) uses "am" "pm" as well as other sites.

I have not found an "oficial" statement. So my vote is for the "a.m"
"p.m." format but I will ask in the local linux communities for input.

(1) http://www.una.ac.cr/
(2) http://www.ucr.ac.cr/
(3) http://www.nacion.com/

--