Kyle McMartin schrieb:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 04:40:21PM +0200, Christian Hilgers wrote:
I did not know that VFP does such ugly things. So I retried with
vmalloc=256M (Is that a reasonable value?)

On 64bit kernels, we went to 1GB vmalloc space.

What would be a reasonable value as there is 1GB RAM installed.

hmm, now everytime I modify the boot parameter the box
does no longer boot at all. This time a boot from network.

Searching for device(s) with bootable media
This may take several minutes.

To discontinue search, press any key (termination may not be immediate).

   Path#  Device Path (dec)  Device Path (mnem)  Device Type and Utilities
   -----  -----------------  ------------------  -------------------------
   P0     0/0/0/0            lan.10.2.1.8       LAN Module
                                                   IPL
   P1     0/0/1/1.2          intscsib.2          Random access media
                                                   IPL
   P2     0/0/2/1.2          media.2             Random access media
                                                   IPL

Enter Path Number or Device Path to continue boot sequence.  Enter NO to go
to main menu.
> p0
Interact with IPL (Y, N, or Cancel)?> y

Booting...
Network Station Address 001083-fc42a3
System IP Address 10.2.1.43
Server IP Address 10.2.1.8

Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 2

HARD Booted.
palo ipl 1.14 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sat Apr  8 16:08:16 EDT 2006

Boot image contains:
    0/vmlinux32 4190085 bytes @ 0x9800
    0/vmlinux64 5796516 bytes @ 0x408800
    0/ramdisk 3224993 bytes @ 0x990000

Information: No console specified on kernel command line. This is normal.
PALO will choose the console currently used by firmware (serial).Current
command line:
0/linux initrd=0/ramdisk console=ttyS0 TERM=vt102
 0: 0/linux
 1: initrd=0/ramdisk
 2: console=ttyS0
 3: TERM=vt102

<#>    edit the numbered field
'b'    boot with this command line
'r'    restore command line
'l'    list dir
? 3
TERM=vt102 ramdisk_size=125800 vmalloc=2048M
Current command line:
0/linux initrd=0/ramdisk console=ttyS0 TERM=vt102 ramdisk_size=125800
vmalloc=2048M
 0: 0/linux
 1: initrd=0/ramdisk
 2: console=ttyS0
 3: TERM=vt102
 4: ramdisk_size=125800
 5: vmalloc=2048M

<#>    edit the numbered field
'b'    boot with this command line
'r'    restore command line
'l'    list dir
? b

Command line for kernel: ' console=ttyS0 TERM=vt102 ramdisk_size=125800
vmalloc=2048M palo_kernel=0/linux'
Selected kernel: /linux from partition 0
Selected ramdisk: /ramdisk from partition 0
Warning: kernel name doesn't end with 32 or 64 -- Guessing... Choosing 64-bit
kernelpdc_iodc_bootin() died during seekread

I left the box for >10min at this point, nothing else happed.

I did power-cycled the box between my tests.

Christian