* Derek L Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020607 13:00]:
> Jeff Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > How do you folks want to get this information?  Are there people out
> > there just waiting to hack on these problems?  (Is there anybody out
> > there? *g* - Hmm..  I should find my Pink Floyd album) I know Marcus
> > was sending out [Job] emails, but it seems tedious to send out 100 of
> > those a day (which I suspect is on the low side).
>
> If there's that many then probably a task list on the web site would
> be better than email.  With forms, people could put their name next to
> a task, add various dates, etc...  Actually, a bug tracker might be
> best if there's lots of changing info to be stored along with the task
> to be done.

Status on this amount of packages seems too much for email.  I agree a
web presentation of this data would be best.  I suspect additional raw
email will be less helpful than a well-defined status page.

I have a simple procmail recipe that extracts the subjects of the buildd
emails into a logfile.  With some additional work I am sure this can be
useful as input to a status system/script.

----- Begin Procmail recipe -----

# appends subject to log
:0 cWh: buildd.lock
* ^TO_buildd-porters
| formail -x Subject >> buildd-porters.log

# stores raw email into a maildir folder
:0:
* ^TO_buildd-porters
buildd-porters/

----- End Procmail recipe -----

Ideally I would like to see the results processed and posted to the
twiki pages where people can comment on them (hopefully without
interrupting any automated status updating).

See the following URL for sample output data.

     http://www.vmlinux.org/twiki/bin/view/Hurd/BuilddStatus

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>