> > > I have typescripts of dumpe2fs and e2fsck available, if anyone would
> > > like to examine them, please let me know.
> >
> > Sure.
>
> After the failure to send email to you, I've uploaded the logs to
> http://home.arcor.de/j.rohr/hurd-logs/hurd-fs-crash-logs.tar.bz2

I have emailed the administrator of cs.uml.edu about this.  Thanks.

> Please tell me when you're done so that I can remove them.

They really do not provide any interesting information.  Is it your
root file system which is crashing (and therefore panicking the
system)?  If not, then you can attach gdb to the ext2fs server and
wait for it to crash to get a back trace.  If you decide to do this,
you will want to recompile the Hurd to get debugging symbols.