Hi,

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:09:10PM +0200, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> since my box has network access now, I was very curious to try out the
> Hurd's famous translators. But both the nfs and the ftpfs translator
> do not seem to work. Do I assume correctly that for nfs, all I have to
> do is
>
> settrans /some/place /hurd/nfs host:/someexport ?

The above line changes the passive translator settings for the
"/some/place" node.  In other words, it does not actually start the
translator until you access the node.

For debugging purposes, you should use "settrans -a" which makes the
translator active; adding "-P" will make settrans wait until you press a
key.  This way, you have enough time to get the PID of the translator,
run "gdb /hurd/nfs <PID>", and press a key in order to start the
translator.

Ludovic.