Hi,

Quoting Samuel Thibault (2024-05-20 20:01:00)
> Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues, le mer. 10 avril 2024 12:15:33 +0200, a
> ecrit:
> > It seems that new versions of login, passwd and util-linux require a more
> > recent version of pam than was last buildable:

> >  login : PreDepends: libpam-runtime but it is not going to be installed
> >          PreDepends: libpam-modules but it is not installable
> >  passwd : Depends: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1) but it is not installable
> >           Depends: libpam-modules but it is not installable
> >  util-linux : PreDepends: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1) but it is not installable
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>
> The available version (1.5.3-6+hurd.1) is largely enough for 0.99.7.1, I
> don't think it's a question of "newer login, passwd and util-linux".
>
> Note the subtle difference between "is not going to be installed" and
> "is not installable". The latter means there is no available version at
> all, while libpam-modules=1.5.3-6+hurd.1 is installable, from
>
> deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main

oh nooo! XD

My mistake was, that I did not know that on debian-ports there are separate
pool directories per architecture. So I only looked in
http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool/main/p/pam/ and didn't spot the
packages. Where I should've looked is:

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-hurd-i386/main/p/pam/

Or I should've looked in the hurd-i386 Packages file instead of checking the
pool directory. So what I did instead was to build pam with the patches from
#1029097 on the exodar porter box resulting in this debdiff:

https://paste.debian.net/hidden/84c2d298/

Are the sources for pam that got uploaded to unreleased available somewhere? I
only see an empty (40 byte) Sources.gz in
http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists/unreleased/main/source/

In any case, things go much further now. The next problem is some missing
DPKG_ROOT support in the hurd maintainer script. I opened a merge request here:

https://salsa.debian.org/hurd-team/hurd/-/merge_requests/1

There were no forks and no merge requests on that repo yet so I hope I did
everything correctly. :D

Thanks!

cheers, josch