David Bishop wrote:

>I have a relatively new box hosting several websites with their own domain
>names.  It also runs dns and email for the same domains.  So far, my
>"solution" to the Email Problem (tm) has been to simply not allow each of
>them to have "generic" accounts like sales and support.  This is becoming
>less and less of an option :-)  So, here is the list of the "killer features"
>of my current setup, and what I need to add.  Hopefully someone with more
>experience than I can point me in the right direction.  Oh, and for reasons
>too painful to get into, the owner of the box upgraded to sid without asking
>(short conversation: him:look, you can apt-get install webmin if you change
>this line in the sources.list! me: yes, but it's called unstable for a
>reason. don't do it to this server. him: um, already done, hope that's not a
>problem! me: slap him) so running the latest and greatest of various packages
>is no problem.

Not that this will help you a lot but webmin can be installed in stable
very easyly, only not through apt-get.
I use qmail+vpopmail and ive never ever ever had any problems regarding
aliases. I also use a free web based administrator
for vpopmail (cant remember the name) that allows you to alias, forward,
crate lists, administer everything (but quotas and such stuff)
 related to any domains. I find this to be a nice solution. You needed
virtual mail servers since the beginning (hence, vpopmail), might
as well switch now.

Alex