On  0, Per Bothner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The most glaring missing feature in gcj is AWT.  If you're
> running server-style or other non-GUI application,  I suggest
> you try it.  See htpp://gcc.gnu.org/java/

Has anybody tried running Tomcat with gcj? Tomcat should be THE Java server.. if
anything should be supported, then Tomcat.

Does gcj support loading new .JAR files dynamically at run-time like with its .WAR
files at all (i.e. creating custom ClassLoader implementations)? I can hardly imagine
how it implements that, except maybe compiling every .class file in the .WAR file as
shared library. Still complicated enough. But Tomcat requires that.