Hi again,

it seems to be, as kevin wrote:

> Maybe it is a certain applet that triggers this behavior, e.g. something
> that gets data from a web service?

I found the following appear every 5 min in my .xsession-errors
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...
Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

which could come from my SOHO-plasmoids.
and is EXACT the time, when the desktop freezes for 3 minutes.

BUT: the point here:

>> plasma should definitly NOT freeze on a lost network connection.

or even, if a plasmoid can't update it's content!

> I've never had any problem with dropping network connections, neither WLAN
> nor mobile broadband (where this happens a lot more often, e.g. when on a
> train).

so, what's the difference?
mine freezes every 5 min because of a couple of plasmoids cannot update it's
self, even when I have a network-connection.
aka. on a web-server-pbl. they connect to?

> Cheers,
> Kevin

cheers
günter