#include <hallo.h>
* Jim Crilly [Thu, Sep 01 2005, 07:02:26PM]:

> > Why is that?  I mean, certainly every filesystem has its problems, but
> > I don't think there's a consensus that ReiserFS is much worse than the
> > others?  I personally find it useful because it doesn't have any
> > limitation on the number of inodes.
>
> Every encounter I've had with reiserfs has ended in frustration, it's just
> not worth fighting with it when there are other filesystems that are much
> more reliable with much better userland tools like XFS.

First: this discussion is pointless and always ends in people promoting
their favorite toy (only).

So how do you know they are reliable? For me, XFS began eating my files
after 1.5years of usage, and the tools did not detect any errer leading
to systematic damages.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Do you know what the last Xon said just before he
died?  [Clutches heart]