shirish शिरीष wrote:

> vlc for audio + video,  rhythmbox for purely audio although rhythmbox
> has now some more issues but that would be a different bug.

Ok, thanks.  Can you reproduce this with aplay from alsa-utils (pausing
by suspending with ^Z, resuming with "fg")?  Does mplayer have the same
problem (press space to pause)?

> In vlc I have seen the bug manifest all the times whenever I have
> paused the movie/moving picture and then played again, just no audio.

I've experienced pause/resume flakiness in vlc before, so hopefully we
can find a way to reproduce this with another media player.

Jonathan