Chris Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   On Sep 09, Itai Zukerman wrote:
   > I've come across the following in one file of an otherwise GPL'ed set
   > of code:
   >
   >   /* simple password generator by XXX
   >    * copyright 1991, all rights reserved.
   >    * You can use this code as long as my name stays with it.
   >    */

`All rights reserved.' is simply a legal term that asserts full
copyright protection.  It can be used in conjunction with any license.

The other line (`You can use this code...') isn't complete enough for
us.  For instance, it needs to be expanded to mention rights to modify
and redistribute as well.

IMHO.  IANAL.