On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:43:43PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> Sven Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:08:22PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:

> > > Sven, you need rough consensus that ocaml follows the DFSG. If you
> > > move to kill this discussion now by spamming the list with notices not
> >
> > No, i move to kill Brian's participation in it. He is only sputting
> > uniformed bullshit, and is losing my time. I won't have anything to
> > do with him anymore, and i question the legitimity of any
> > debian-legal conslusion in which he participated.
>
> At least Brian is friendly.

Well, sure, but full of bullshit and making extravagant claims, even if the
response to those was given a few mails earlier in the thread. He also refuses
to do his homework, and thus only participates in lengthening the discussion
process and reaching no solution. I don't see why he should participate, since
he clearly has no legal clue, refuses to get advice, and ignores the advice i
got, refuse to read the mails posted in this thread, or fails to understand
them.

In any of these cases, unless he makes his homework before making extravagant
claims, he is only loosing everyones time, and delaying the resolution of this
issue consequently.

Also he self claimed he has a vested interest in this, and it is not clear
that he would accept a minor modification for making the ocaml licence free,
since he is after making proprietary modification of the ocaml code base.

And to end it all, it is he who dragged me in this mess.

So, if i am going to accept the resolution of debian-legal and go upstream
with it, i don't want to see him participating. If he want, he can start
another Brian-bullshit only thread with all those of you who want to lose
their time and do circular discussion about chinese dissident and Brian's
right to do proprietary modification, but i don't want to have anything to do
with it, and i don't consider it binding as far as the ocaml package is
related.

Friendly,

Sven Luther