Florian Weimer wrote:

In software documentation, an original author could require that
changelogs or discussion of differences in design or implementation
("Original Author had it this way; the new version does it this other
way") be removed.
Replacing "Evan Prodromou" with "Original Author" would probably be
enough to honor requests under the CC license mentioned in this
subthread.

That's not how I read "any reference". Can you explain why you read it that way?

I fail to see how this is a "grievous restriction" because
common courtesy already tells us to honor such requests..

Actually, I think the freedom to make modifications that the upstream author doesn't like or approve is a pretty key freedom.

I'm also confused by the moral rights issue. Under a moral rights regime, does an author have the right to have any reference to themselves removed from works?

~ESP