On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 02:09:22AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> You wrote "the latter case forces us to not ignore [non-free software
> running on a system]". To me, this implies that in the other cases you
> deliberately choose to ignore it.

You haven't answered the question I was asking.

I asked what part of what I wrote justifies the claim that I was talking
about pretending?

Maybe I should have instead asked "where is there?".

If I ignore something as a part of a system when that thing is outside
that system, there doesn't need to be any pretending.

If I have a house, and I say "the sun is outside my house", and someone
else says "no, the sun is inside your house because I can see sunlight
in your house", I am safe in ignoring this "sun is inside my house" idea.
There is no need to pretend.

I asked you to point out what part of what I wrote justified your
"pretend" interpretation, and you have not answered.  Instead, you
have talked about me deliberately ignoring something.  But ignoring,
or disregarding, is not the same thing as pretending, or giving a false
appearance.

If you are willing to grant that your quip had nothing to do with what I
said, I'm willing to drop this issue.  Otherwise, please be more specific
in your answer.

Thanks,

--
Raul