A Dijous 06 Setembre 2007 14:27, Josselin Mouette va escriure:
> Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007 à 13:57 +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda a
>
> écrit :
> > Dear people *,
> >
> > I have a question about a license. There's a software, the Monkey's Audio
> > that has a license  [1] a bit peculiar. So, my question is, if one
> > package (GPL) use this software, has to go to contrib, or could go to
> > main?
>
> Section 3 is clearly non-free, so the library itself would have to go to
> non-free.
>
> A GPL program can use it, but you need a specific exception allowing
> linking with this software from all copyright owners of GPL components.

Ok,

but there's one thing that I don't understand. If a soft is gpl that uses a
non-free soft, doesn't go to contrib?

My question is about a plugin that has in the source the non-free lib but
itself is gpl, documented all in the License file. and all is a package, has
to go to non-free? Or the maintainer has to separate in two packages, the
non-free and the contrib part?

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692