Quoting Ian Jackson (2014-05-21 17:47:42)
> Jonas Smedegaard writes ("Re: libbitcoin license - AGPL with clauses added by
> SFLC and FSF"):
>> Quoting Turkey Breast (2014-05-21 14:22:23)
>>> I've made a Bitcoin library, and am seeking inclusion into Debian. We
>>> (me and the mentor) are seeking guidance going forwards over a license
>>> issue.
>> I notice now an update to the license done in December 2013:
>> https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin/commit/a57bf36
>>
>> I apologize if you've already brought that change to my attention - I
>> had the (wrong) impression from both debian and upstream issue
>> trackers that licensing had _not_ been changed to reflect the
>> concerns I raised and which it seems Richard Stallman agrees with me
>> about.
>
> I can't figure out exactly what your previous concerns were but it's
> good to hear that they're resolved.

For the record, my concern was not the AGPL (I am a fan of that too, and
will most likely use it for my packaging work when Debian ships it in
common-licenses).  Rather, the licensing text itself forbids editing,
and previous revisions had the exceptions placed within the common AGPL
license - now it is properly placed before the common license.

...as I wrote at https://github.com/spesmilo/libbitcoin/issues/5:

> ...it even seems to me that you are in violation of the licensing of
> the very license text, as it explicitly disallows editing:
>
> Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
> license document, but changing it is not allowed.

(arguably the current revision is still in violation as the _document_
is changed if the verbatim _part_ of it containing the AGPL is now
pristine, but I choose to ignore that nitpicking detail)

 - Jonas